Art Lesson 53, Part 1
Discover How to Paint a Woman Portrait
Learn how to paint like the Old Masters!
Old Masters Academy Online CourseSelf-study, self-paced online video course Lifetime membership One-time payment: $487 Enroll Now!
Oil Painting Sketch with Brown Paint
In this 2-session oil painting video lesson, you will find out how to:
- Start with “dry brush” technique on dry light-gray background
- Use Vandyke Brown for outlining
- Use Turpentine to dilute the paint
- Apply skin color while brush sketch is still wet
- Make a mix for skin color using Titanium White, Naples Yellow and Burnt Sienna
- Paint cold nuances using Titanium White and French Ultramarine
- Make the skin paint lighter by adding Titanium White
- Paint warm shadows using Titanium White, Naples Yellow and Caput Mortuum (English Red)
- Intermix paint on the canvas surface