Old Masters Academy Sales and Refund Policy
By enrolling into the Old Masters Academy course you agree to comply with our Sales and Refunds Policy.
Old Masters Academy (“we”, “us”, or “our”) is an online educational resource that provides to fine artists and art enthusiasts alike educational materials and information on “How to Paint like the Old Masters using Modern Materials” and other fine art related topics through our website (https://oldmasters.academy) as well as personal support and tutoring to our registered members (“you”, “student”, or “member”).
1. What We Offer
Old Masters Academy offers the following educational art courses:
- Old Masters Academy Online Course
- Old Masters Academy Correspondence Course
Old Masters Academy Online Course is a self-study course that consists of:
- 61 Video lessons on topics of how to draw and paint in oil
- Personal Support from the Academy tutors
- Place in our online Students Gallery
- Members-only newsletter
- Old Masters Academy Diploma of Excellence
Personal Support includes:
- Critique of students’ artworks
- Answers to their art-related questions
- and advice on how to improve their drawing skills
Old Masters Academy Correspondence Course is a one-to-one personal tutoring course that consists of:
- Everything that is provided in the Old Masters Academy Online Course
- Personal Tutoring by the Academy tutors
Personal Tutoring consists of:
- Assessment of member’s level of art skills upon enrollment
- Creation of an individual curriculum of up to 50 art tasks, which is tailored to member’s level of skills and needs
- Detailed instructions for every task
- Assessment of every task report, critique of student’s artworks and suggestions for improvement per task
- Assessment of student’s progress on ongoing basis and curriculum adjustment if necessary
These art courses are provided in form of the Old Masters Academy membership (“Product”).
As an Old Masters Academy member, you will have a lifetime access to the Old Masters Academy product. The Online Course students can rely on unlimited Personal Support from the Academy tutors, and the Correspondence Course students can rely on Personal Tutoring from the Academy tutors for the duration of these courses. The term “lifetime” refers to the lifespan of the product.
2. Products Sales
By purchasing Old Masters Academy products and services, you confirm that you have read and agreed to this Sales and Refund Policy.
The chosen art course can be purchased for a one-time payment. There are no payment plans or installments. The course, and therefore the price, is not divisible into smaller units of separate lessons, or sessions of support or tutoring.
The price of the course includes the complete package of products and services as described in the “What We Offer” section.
3. Delivery of Old Masters Academy products and services
Delivery of the Course Content
The Old Masters Academy course content is intangible and delivered online. It is available 24 hours per day, 365 days a year, excluding short periods of necessary technical maintenance and content updates. There are no DVDs, physical books, or other tangible deliverable products.
The Old Masters Academy Online Course content includes 61 video lessons. These lessons are streamed online and can be watched on any internet-connected device that supports industry-standard HTML5 video streaming.
The video lessons can be watched online only. A member can watch video lessons as many times as one wishes. There are no deadlines, no limitations.
Downloading video lessons to a member’s computer or other device is strictly prohibited. This policy protects our copyrighted products’ distribution. Any violation of this policy will be prosecuted in accordance with international laws and will result in membership cancellation without any refunds.
The Old Masters Academy Students Handbook is available in PDF format and can be read online or downloaded.
The delivery of products is deemed full and complete upon a member receives an access to an Old Masters Academy account of the “members-only” area, regardless whether a member consumed the products he or she has access to. The term “consumption” here means watching any of the video lessons or reading any of the educational materials or contacting the tutors for personal support and tutoring.
Delivery of the Personal Support
As an Old Masters Academy Online Course member, you will have a lifetime of unlimited access to Personal Support from the Academy tutors. Such support includes artwork critiques, answers to student’s art-related questions, and advice on how to improve drawing skills.
If you, as a member, would like to receive artwork critiques, answers, or advice, it is your responsibility to contact the Old Masters Academy tutors. You can submit your artworks and questions online or via email. You can connect with us at any time. Every submission is usually replied to within 48 hours.
Please note, by sending us your artworks and questions, you give us the full permission to use your content as we deem necessary. Your artworks, together with our critique or feedback, may be shared online and published on our website to teach and inspire other students and users. If you don’t want your full name to be published, you are welcome to use a pseudonym.
Delivery of the Personal Tutoring
As an Old Masters Academy Correspondence Course student, you will have a lifetime one-to-one Personal Tutoring by the Academy tutors. Such tutoring includes your drawing skills level assessment, creation of a custom-tailored curriculum of up to 50 art tasks, detailed instructions for every task, assessments of your reports, critique of your task artworks, and advice on improving your art skills.
As a Correspondence Course student, you will have a dedicated team of art tutors who will provide Personal Tutoring. Depending on availability, any of the tutors can step in and give you the necessary instructions, critique, and feedback. All tutors will be in the loop as to your progress, so the correspondence tutoring will go smoothly regardless of who is available and who works with you at any given time.
One-to-one tutoring will be provided via email. Keeping correspondence in writing allows us to keep the full track of tasks given, as well as your reports and our feedback. This also enables every Academy tutor to be in the loop of the tutoring provided. Verbal instructions or feedback can be forgotten by the next day; tutoring in writing will be with you for as long as you keep it. That is why we won’t use any other means of communication, such as Skype, phone calls, messengers, video-conferences, etc.
Personal Tutoring working principles
- Personal tutoring will be provided only via email for reasons described above.
- Upon enrollment in the Old Masters Academy Correspondence Course, you will receive a Welcome email from the Academy tutors with instructions for your first steps.
- You will be given an art test you need to complete as instructed. This will enable us to evaluate your current level of drawing and painting skills and create an individual curriculum tailored to your level of skills and needs.
- Your individual curriculum will consist of up to 50 practical art tasks. Such a curriculum is for tutors’ eyes only and can be amended from time to time, depending on your progress and at the tutors’ discretion.
- You will be given an in-depth critique of your art-test artworks and indication of the skill gaps you have. You will also receive a general description of what art skills you will learn in this course according to your curriculum and what topics our custom-tailored tutoring will cover.
- You will be provided with instructions of what art materials to get and how to arrange your working space.
- Art tasks will be given to you one by one, progressing from simple to more advanced exercises.
- You cannot skip given tasks. Every exercise is designed to give you practical art skills required for next, more advanced steps.
- The next task will be given after you complete the previous one with the required quality. It might take several attempts to achieve satisfactory results. This is normal, and you have to be prepared for repetitive work.
- There are no deadlines and no time pressures. You can study at your own pace. Keep in mind that to complete up to 50 tasks, you have to come up with a realistic schedule.
- You must arrange and follow your own learning schedule, which you must share with the Academy tutors so the tutoring can be scheduled accordingly at our end.
- It is your responsibility to report on your progress. We won’t chase you. The frequency of your reports must be at least weekly.
- If we don’t hear from you for more than one month, we might decide that you have dropped out. In such a case, we reserve the right to downgrade your Correspondence Course membership to the self-study Online Course level.
- Should your membership be downgraded, no refunds will be issued.
- Upgrading from the Online Course back to the Correspondence Course will require a one-time payment and can be done at any time.
- Should you upgrade your membership after dropping out previously, you will continue receiving tutoring from the last task that was given to you by the tutors.
- In addition to our tasks, we encourage you to work on your own creative projects. However, you cannot replace our art tasks with your projects. You need to do them in addition to, not instead of given tasks.
- Should you decide to send your creative artworks for critique, you will receive our feedback. However, we cannot provide step-by-step instructions on how to improve your creative artworks if they require skills you have not yet developed by doing art tasks that yet to come. This would be jumping over the topics we haven’t covered yet, and as such would interrupt and slow down your learning curve.
- Personal tutoring will be provided till you complete the full curriculum of art tasks.
- An Old Masters Academy Diploma of Excellence will be given in your name upon the Correspondence Course completion. Thereafter, you will continue to have our full support, including artwork critiques for a lifetime.
- You agree that, from time to time, we may share and publish artworks you send us along with our critique and feedback on our website(s) for other students and users to see and learn from. If you don’t want your full name to be published, you are welcome to choose a pen-name.
- When sending images as attachments, please resize them to make them email-friendly. A resized image has to be under 250Kb and at least 2000px wide. If you don’t have Photoshop or other software for editing photos, you can do it online, for example here: https://imageresizer.com/.
4. Membership Cancellations
The Old Masters Academy offers a Free Demo account that you can subscribe to before purchasing the course. The Free Demo is a good taster of what to expect from the course. Please use this opportunity to decide whether you want to enroll.
You can request your account cancellation at any time after enrolling in the Old Masters Academy. An account cancellation request has to be sent to our Customer Support team.
Cancellation of an account does not provide a refund; it simply closes your account and terminates the access to the course by removing your username and password from our database.
5.1. You can receive a full refund if you made a payment but changed your mind before creating an Old Masters Academy membership account and accessing video lessons or receiving any support or tutoring from the Academy tutors.
5.2. The course consists of intangible products and services that cannot be returned by a student. That is why we cannot provide any refunds once you have received access to the Old Masters Academy membership area.
WE DO NOT ISSUE REFUNDS FOR PRODUCTS THAT HAVE BEEN ALREADY DELIVERED.
5.3. Should you make a duplicate purchase by mistake, (i.e. purchasing two or more memberships instead of one) your overpayment will be refunded.